Friday, January 18, 2008

Reason # 843 why not to be a teacher....

There are many reasons why a person should consider hard before deciding to become a teacher but this reason just might be the biggest deterrent for me. No it's not the pay, I have gotten use to that. Instead it is a dirty four letter word.....no it is not TEST instead it is .......LICE!! Guess who spent much of Thursday night freaking out and cleaning and washing everything they own. Me.....why you ask....because my dirty, nasty students gave me lice. And me being clean caught it. Sorry to make you all start itching but man it bites. The only thing about myself that I really like is my hair and now I have to wear it up and i had to wash it last night and have my mom almost rip it out to feel better. No matter what I still have been itching today just thinking about my students.. Luckily we did not find any eggs so I am in the clear but today it checked outed that some of my students had eggs YAY I am so excited. So for all of you wanna be teachers. Remember these things before you plunge into the classroom.

For those of you who saw me Saturday don't stress, the nurse said you all are okay.

5 comments:

Alicia said...

That sucks! Gayla and I had lice one a year (and sometimes twice) all through elementry school. I hated it. I would fall asleep in my mother's lap as she used that comb to dig the eggs out of my head. Ehh... This is also one reason I consider home schooling Kyra! LoL!

Heather said...

UGH!!! I'm itching just reading this! Hope you're rid of it for good now.

Lindsey said...

Hehehehehe. Oh, I probably should laugh at this, should I? :)

Does your school do lice checks? I think we had lice checks when I was in elementary school. The nurse would come to each classroom with a popsicle stick thingy and check our heads.

Mrs. DeVoe said...

no they dont have checks unless some are found....sucks but that is how they do it.

Anonymous said...

God, i absolutely hated when i got lice! and like alicia said, it happened more than once a year. i remember once Alicia and Chris had to do my head with the comb during the summer b/c mom was at work. Every strand on it's own. I think i must have had a sign above my head saying land here its great reality! i actually got parnoid in school during lice checks b/c i thought i would get caught with it. but i never did, not once. oh, i hate lice!