Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Elated!!!

So today my student's had the vocabulary word ELATED. We discussed its meaning and then we talked about what makes them really happy. Not just happy but really happy. So some students came up with really great answers....seeing grandparents, eating ice cream in bed with mommy, of course one smart ass said,"No homework!" But they really got the understanding of the word. Now, whenever I ask my students a question like this one I normally answer. I did but I want to wait to tell you guys what makes me so elated. I want to know, what elates you. I will post what elates me Thursday.

*****UPDATE****

So here are the things that really elate me.
- Waking up in the morning NOT throwing up
- Putting on a pair a jeans that didn't fit two days ago, that fit now
- AND OF COURSE-------BEING ABLE TO TELL EVERYONE THAT I AM NOW 9 WEEKS PREGNANT!!!

Frank and I are thrilled! We can't wait. The baby will be here sometime in early September! I had wanted to put up the ultrasound on the blog but I can't get my scanner at work to work. But I am not going to push it because, it just started printing pages a couple days ago.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm....what elates me?
- Completing a knitting project, especially if it is something that I know the recipient will enjoy ;)
- Making a sale in my Etsy shop
- Waking up and realizing it is Saturday morning (unfortunately this only happens on Saturdays)
- Hearing what others are elated about, and getting excited for them

Anonymous said...

Hmm...I guess I'm the only one who gets elated about things...

Anonymous said...

Eating ice cream...no special place...just the fact that it's ice cream and it will soon be down in the depth's of my tummy!

Knowing that my best friend finally got what she and her husband have really wanted for a long time!

Money falling from the sky. (this hasn't happened yet but I would be elated if it did).

Heather said...

I am elated that you are pregnant!!! I already knew, but I like to see it in writing too. =)

Other things that elate me:

Having a total giggle fit with Aeralyn over barely nothing at all

Having a completely clean house (unfortunately, this happens almost never)

Eating calorie free junk food (oh wait, that never happens either, but it would definitely elate me!)

CONGRATULATIONS!!