Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Not very entertaining

I have come to the conclusion after reading many others blogs, that I am not very entertaining. My day is generally boring. I work wiht kids all day which is exciting to me but I can't imagine it is to anyone else. And if something funny happend at work it was probably based on their personality and if you don't know the student it wouldn't be so funny. I did have a very good day yesterday at home. I was grading a packet of work I sent home with my students and while I was flipping through on packet, I found a little note to me. It said "I love you Miss DeVoe and I miss you" of course it wasn't written that great..... a couple misspelled words but still I got the point. It was very sweet. I also realized recently why I love teaching. When you realize that you have impacted a child's life it is great. The same student who wrote me the note has improved so much that I can't believe he is the same child that I met in August. I can't take all the credit because his mother tries so hard to help. She will even call home while he is doing his homework, and she is at work, and spell the spelling words with him. When the mother tells me what he complained his whole vacation because he wanted to be at school with me.....it really touches your heart! I really love teaching. So my life is not very interesting but when I write on this thing chances are I will be writing about my students!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Yay! You finally wrote a blog, and now I can comment on it!
I enjoy hearing about your students! You teach 1st grade - there is no way that your days are boring. I sit at a desk all day and MY LIFE IS BORING. If you will notice, my blog from last Friday was about how I couldn't find my calculator. You can't get more exciting than that!

Heather said...

Have you read my blog lately? How much more boring could you get, seriously! I just distract people with pictures of Aeralyn, and that keeps everybody coming back. I can't wait to read about your adventures with your students!

Alicia said...

Boring? How sweet! This blog is beautiful and touching. Everyone needs to a little "awww" in their lives, and if it comes from sweet stories of your students, I am more then willing to read.

Keep writing!