Okay.....here is why I am very proud of me! Two main reasons......of course everyone should be proud of me! But here are the reasons I am extra proud of me:
Yesterday I was at work....thinking to myself "why am I doing this again" (teaching that is). I always seem to have those days when I can't remember why but soon after this thought I remembered why. My students have to take a big test next weeke to see how far they have come. It is a nice way of the telling the teacher...."Oh you did great" or " You suck" but I was telling my students to try their best and they will do fine. I als said that in about 5 minutes we are going to do a practice one. Grant you I don't know how the test is given or what is really on it. I just know what they test. So I had students working on an activity sheet and I would call each of them up to tell me what sounds letters make and to read a passage. The goal for next week is 20 words per minute the student can read. I had only about 6 who did not read the 20 words! I was so happy! And the ones who didn't make the 20 they were really close like 15-19. That makes me feel really good.
Then we took a quiz. ( very nervous didn't think they were going to do well) They were to show me how if reading a word we would already know that action took place. Like the word call, how would we know it already happened. Of course we all know add an ED to the end. Well we were just learning it and I was afraid they wouldn't understand the statement. they started worked on it and I walked around to see if they were understanding it and they were. Some students didn't get it but if they stopped playing in class they would! But most of them did. So when I collected all the papers I asked the class " How do we know if an action has already happened" the ones who knew which was about 15 replied " it ends in ed" I was really happy then. But then of course some days your happiness can only increase. The student who I talked about last time, came up to me at the end of the day with his usual "I love you Ms. DeVoe" of course I said it back and gave him his hug. Normally this is the time when he walks off waving but today he looked back up at me and said "Do you know why I tell you I love you every day? " me--"Well no darling why do you tell me every day" him---" because I telled you yesterday and because it already happened I have to tell you again" It was hard for me to come up with something after that but it said well i am glad you tell me everyday! Isn't he just the sweetest little boy, he has the biggest smile too. Just brightens up your day... So i have learned why I teach. Because I am really getting through to some of the students!
Okay the other reason I am very proud of myself. I was able to figure out how to put links to everyones blogs that I read on my blog. Trust I am more proud of myself about that then the teaching. I know I can teach but I can't always get the computer stuff to work.
Friday, January 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Well, I am also very proud of you! mostly for the computer stuff...
Hey, did you try to call me last night (Thursday night)? I had a missed call from a 904 number...isn't that the Jax area code?
That little boy is just the sweetest thing ever! Think he's gonna choose you to be his valentine this year?
Great job at figuring out this computer stuff! I'm still fumbling my way through it. I'm a complete moron with it.
Figuring out all this computer stuff is no easy task. If I can help you in any way, let me know. I tagged you to do a meme, so check out my blog!
Post a Comment